On 01/05/2013 15:52, Jennifer Butler wrote:
> I will start teaching Python to my pupils shortly. I have been looking
> for materials and have gathered a collection of programs. The problem is
> they are written in v2 and I have v3 installed in my classroom. I read
> about the 2to3 conversion program, but I can’t get it to work.
>
> Could you possibly give me a Noddy’s guide to do this?

This might be useful:

  http://python3porting.com/2to3.html

although it's not clear from your question whether you're competent
in Python and just a little unclear on 2to3 or coming new to the
whole thing and hoping that 2to3 will give you a pain-free conversion.

If it's the latter then I'm afraid your ride may be rockier than
you hoped. :(

Also, I note that you're UK-based (albeit at the other end of it from
where I am). Depending on where this thread goes you might get some
local help by posting to the python-uk mailing list:

It's a quiet list, mostly for local events and jobs, but
you might find someone in your neighbourhood (or at least in your own
country) who could give you some help.

TJG