On 05/09/2013 10:33 AM, rlelis wrote:
I apologize once again.
Is my first post here and i'm getting used to the group as long as i get the
feedback of my errors by you guys.
I'm using Python 2.7.3 with no dependencies, i'm simply using the standard
library.
Here is the "big picture" of the scenario(i have added it in the pastebin link
too)

FILE OUTPUT DESIRED:
aging:
aging  |total         |age
aging  |0             |100
aging  |2             |115
aging  |3             |1
aging  |4             |10

highway:
highway       | lanes         |       state   |       limit(mph)
highway       |       4       |       disable |       25
highway       |       2       |       disable |       245
highway       |       3       |       disable |       125
highway       |       2       |       enable  |       255
highway       |       3       |       disable |       212
highway       |       8       |       disable |       78

FILE INPUT EXCERPT EXAMPLE:
aging 0 100
aging 2 115
aging 3 1
highway 4 disable 25
highway 2 disable 245
highway 0 enable 125

Meanwhile i have change the code a little bit and achieve a output closer to
what i want:

You're still missing the file read code. My earlier assumption that it was a simple readlines() was bogus, or the line:
   if "aging" in file-content:

would never work.

Perhaps you have something like:

infile = open("xxxx","r")
file_content = [line.split() for line in infile]

if you confirm it, I'll try to go through the code again, trying to make sense of it.

--
DaveA