On 2013-05-08 21:20, Roy Smith wrote:
FooEntry is a class.  How would you describe a list of these in a
docstring?

"A list of FooEntries"

"A list of FooEntrys"

"A list of FooEntry's"

"A list of FooEntry instances"

The first one certainly sounds the best, but it seems wierd to change
the spelling of the class name to make it plural.

I'm using services like Github more and more to talk about code, so I have taken to adopting its inline markup for `code` when referring to identifiers. Thus, I will often write

  A list of `FooEntry`s

But I don't mind

  A list of FooEntries

Hopefully there isn't also a `FooEntries` class.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco