On 17/6/2013 8:42 μμ, Oscar Benjamin wrote:
On 17 June 2013 17:35, D'Arcy J.M. Cain <da...@druid.net> wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 14:39:56 +0000 (UTC)
Grant Edwards <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
I don't want _any_ copies from from Mailman.  I don't subscribe to
whatever mailing list you're talking about.  I'm reading this via an
NNTP server.  Keep replies in the group or on the list.

And that is part of the problem.  I have always argued that gatewaying
the mailing list to newgroups is wrong.  If this was only a mailing
list there are many things we could do to reduce abuse but because of
the gateway they can't be done.

There is a very simple solution used by many mailing lists which is to
set the Reply-To header to point back to the mailing list. That way
any old email client on any OS/computer/phone/website etc. has the
required button to reply to the list without CCing anyone. It also
reduces the chance of accidentally replying off-list. Anyone who wants
to reply off-list or to deliberately CC someone (as I did here) can
still do so but it will rarely happen accidentally.

Oscar
Yes please anyone do so, so we dont get 2 notification in both our mail reader and news reader at the same time. just repley only to the list.

--
What is now proved was at first only imagined!