@Eric S. Johansson

I am a novice who hasn't done any big project in programming. I haven't done
anything I can even call a moderate project. I haven't touched web frameworks
ever. I have little or no knowledge of network/socket programming. I have never
used databases before.

I understand that there are a lot of chat systems out there but I haven't done
anything like that before. This is for learning purposes.

Reading someone else's code is good but doing it yourself is better.

Thanks for the suggestion but for now I'll stick to this idea. I am excited
about this and I would need that for a hobby project.