On 07/25/2013 09:11 AM, Prasad, Ramit wrote:
Terry Reedy wrote:

On 7/24/2013 4:34 PM, Prasad, Ramit wrote:

I am still not clear on the advantage of views vs. iterators.

A1: Views are iterables that can be iterated more than once. Therefore,
they can be passed to a function that re-iterates its inputs, or to
multiple functions. They support 'x in view' as efficiently as possible.
Think about how you would write the non-view equivalent of '(0,None) in
somedict.views())'. When set-like, views support some set operations.
For .keys, which are always set-like, these operations are easy to
implement as dicts are based on a hashed array of keys.

Hmm, that is a change that makes some sense to me. Does the view
get updated when dictionary changes or is a new view needed? I
assume the latter.

Nope, the former. That is a big advantage that the views have over concrete lists: they show the /current/ state, and so are always up-do-date.

--
~Ethan~