On 11/13/2013 3:35 PM, bob gailer wrote:

I am very disappointed to see so much energy and bandwidth going to
conversations that bash individuals.

Me too.

Is there a moderator for this list?

Posts from new addresses go to moderators for spam deletion. There are a couple a day that are discarded. Posts with 'suspicious headers' also get checked. Non-suspicious posts from known people (perhaps 90%) do not get checked. We have not yet gotten into 'censorship' of trolling and flaming. I would prefer not being forced into considering it.

Or would you be willing to stop the bashing? I don't see that it helps
anyone, and could be very offputting to other newbies.

I wish a few more old-timers would consider the effect of their posts on newcomers.

--
Terry Jan Reedy