On 29/11/2013 00:46, Arif Khokar wrote:
On 11/28/2013 1:50 PM, Michael Torrie wrote:
On 11/28/2013 11:37 AM, rusi wrote:

2. All kinds of people hop onto the list. In addition to genuine ones
there are
    spammers, trolls, dicks, nuts, philosophers, help-vampires etc etc.

What they have in common is usenet.  Ditching usenet would solve both
problems.

The problem could also be solved through client side filtering (i. e.,
killfiles).  I usually killfile posters who crosspost to unrelated
groups (which filters 99% of the spam that comes through).  I'm sure
that the usenet/email gateway could be configured to filter such posts
on the server side so those who read this list via email won't have
those problems.

Read through gmane, it's effectively spam free.

But the best has yet to be invented.  Christian Tismer

Mark Lawrence