On 01/12/2013 20:54, Tim Delaney wrote:
On 2 December 2013 07:15, <wxjmfa...@gmail.com
<mailto:wxjmfa...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    0.11.13 02:44, Steven D'Aprano написав(ла):
     > (2) If you reverse that string, does it give "lëon"? The
    implication of
     > this question is that strings should operate on grapheme clusters
    rather
     > than code points. ...

    BTW, a grapheme cluster *is* a code points cluster.

Anyone with a decent level of reading comprehension would have
understood that Steven knows that. The implied word is "individual" i.e.
"... rather than [individual] code points".

Why am I responding to a troll? Probably because out of all his baseless
complaints about the FSR, he *did* have one valid point about
performance that has now been fixed.

Tim Delaney

I don't remember him ever having a valid point, so FTR can we have a reference please. I do remember Steven D'Aprano showing that there was a regression which I flagged up here http://bugs.python.org/issue16061. It was fixed by Serhiy Storchaka, who appears to have forgotten more about Python than I'll ever know, grrr!!! :)

But the best has yet to be invented.  Christian Tismer

Mark Lawrence