On 15/12/2013 17:52, Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick wrote:
On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Wolfgang Keller <felip...@gmx.net> wrote:
And besides, again, a commercially licensed PyQt itself isn't *that*
expensive.

The cost of a commercial PyQt license for a single developer is £350
(GBP). You may pay in either US Dollars, Euros or GBP.

(£420 incl. VAT for UK and select EU entities)

Four weeks income, no thanks :(

one [license] per developer

For some people, it might be a lot.  Why waste money on something,
that has an almost-identical free-for-everyone version? (which also is
easier to install, BTW)

PyQt does not include Qt itself. You must also obtain an
appropriately licensed copy (either the commercial version from
Digia or the LGPL version from the Qt Project).

So, you have four options:

a) use PySide and Qt@Project, pay $0 and be sane (albeit saner than
    person B);
b) use PyQt4 and Qt@Digia, pay £350/£420 + £??? and be sane;
c) use PySide and Qt@Digia, pay £??? and look like a hypocrite (albeit
    less than person D);
d) use PyQt4 and Qt@Project, pay £350/£420 and look like a hypocrite.

DISCLAIMER: Some things are based on assumptions, many of which may be
             incorrect.

PS. For those living in the past without proper Unicode support: £ = GBP.

Thanks for making my day, I've roared with laughter at the PS.

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence