On 18/12/2013 20:17, Jean Dubois wrote:
I have a python-program which I want to perform its task first, then
switch to
the python console to experiment with further commands, using what was
already
defined in the python-program.
I want this as an alternative for what I do now (but which is not very
efficient):
I start the python-console and then manually copy-paste line per line from
the program in the console, then try out possible continuation commands,
if however something goes wrong I have to redo the whole process.

any suggestions?
thanks in advance
jean

An alternative to the excellent answer from Jerry Hill is to use the iPython %paste command.

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence