Hello,

working on OS X 10.8.5
Python 2.7

I've written a simple C extension for Python that uses the cairo graphic library.
It works well, and I can call it from Python with no problem.
The only drawback is that I need to have the cairo library installed on my system (so it seems my extension calls dynamically the cairo library). I believe this because it doesn't work on a system where cairo is not installed.

Is it possible to link statically cairo to my extension, so that even if cairo is not installed on a computer, the code will run?

I guess I would need to modify the setup.py file using distutils to compile cairo statically into my .so file?

Or am I completely wrong?

If someone has a hint...

thanks!