On 10/06/2014 20:43, alister wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jun 2014 12:27:26 -0700, wxjmfauth wrote:

[snip the garbage]

jmf

Your error reports always seem to resolve around benchmarks despite speed
not being one of Pythons prime objectives

Computers store data using bytes
ASCII Characters can be used storing a single byte
Unicode code-points cannot be stored in a single byte
therefore Unicode will always be inherently slower than ASCII

implementation details mean that some Unicode characters may be handled
more efficiently than others, why is this wrong?
why should all Unicode operations be equally slow?

I'd like to dedicate a song to jmf. From the "Canterbury Sound" band Caravan, the album "The Battle Of Hastings", the song title "Liar".

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---
is active.