On 23/10/2014 08:56, Ian Kelly wrote:
On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 1:20 AM, Mark Lawrence <breamore...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
If you were to read and digest what is written it would help.  You're trying
to run IDLE.  We're talking the interactive interpreter.

IDLE includes the interactive interpreter.

  If (at least on
Windows) you run a command prompt and then type python<cr> you should see
something like this.

Python 3.4.2 (v3.4.2:ab2c023a9432, Oct  6 2014, 22:16:31) [MSC v.1600 64 bit
(AMD64)] on win32

Same thing comes up when I start IDLE, so what's your point?

When you run the interactive interpreter thats all you get. The OP isn't the first person to try things with IDLE not realising you need to have a script loaded to do something.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence