On Friday, November 21, 2014 1:06:18 PM UTC-6, Michael Torrie wrote:
> On 11/21/2014 11:24 AM, Rick Johnson wrote:
> > Why am *i* the fool when it's obvious that
> > the creators of Python were either shortsighted and/or
> > careless with the designs? The only people who suffer are
> > those who put their trust in the designer, and not the
> > designer himself -- something is wrong with this picture!
>
> So if you know how to create the perfect language that has a solution to
> these very difficult problems, please come forward with it.  Until such
> time, it's okay to identify problems with the language as you see them,
> but to cast aspersion on the developers is out of line.  Do you know
> Guido personally to know that he's short-sighted or careless?

Not personally. But how will we *ever* know if he refuses to
participate in these discussions?

    YE SHALL *KNOW* THEM BY THEIR FRUITS!

Although GvR has created one of the best scripting languages
known to man, he has utterly failed to foster a sense of
community between the members, and no matter how great
Python might be, the fact that our community is nothing more
than a "*privileged* white-boys club" is nothing less than
self-destructive.

But even ignoring the atrocious sexual and racial diversity
of this community, outside of Python-dev and Python-ideas,
GvR has refuses to engage with the "mainstream alter boys".
And even WITHIN those "moderated groups", he's very
*selective* about who he will respond to.

    THIS COMMUNITY IS *ONLY* SUPERFICIALLY FREE!

I know we just *LOVE* to advertise our "commitment to
diversity"[1] but the truth is, our "commitment" is only a
friendly mask covering the evil truth. The truth is, there
exists a STRONG undercurrent of hostility towards ANY
dissent or outside influence within the "upper echelons" of
this community.

This is NOT a free and open society that prides itself on
building heterogeneous relationships to solve complex
problems, no, this is a *Theocracy*, where one man is raised
above all as though his phallus has been plated with gold!

And although he has not taken hammer and chisel to stone
tablets and carved "malevolent laws" by his own hand, by
virtue of his silence, he HAS implicitly defined a
"religious creed" which forbids all free thought and
expression  -- and those who *dare* to dissent will be
excommunicated. That's just what they did over at Python-
ideas not to long ago!

    WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT?

GvR has effectively walled himself off from the community with
the exception of a few "advisers" which he allows to enter
his "inner circle". This is NOT how you treat people who are
part of *YOUR* community, that is, IF you want to call
yourself "benevolent"!

    SO DROP THE "BENEVOLENT ACT" ALREADY, IT'S PATRONIZING!

If he *REALLY* wants to earn that "benevolent" badge of his,
then he needs to demand that all these forums become free
and open to all opinions and ideas. But more importantly, he
needs to start participating with the community at all
levels, not just hiding behind the coat tails of his attack
dogs and brown-nosers.

   START BEARING SOME PALATABLE FRUITS!

[1]: https://www.python.org/community/diversity/