On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 12:44 PM, Steven D'Aprano <st...@pearwood.info> wrote:
> My take from all this is that overall, Python 3 take-up is probably around
> 10% of all Python users...

Really? That low? Wow. I guess 90% could count as Rick's declared
"vast majority", although that term does imply more like 99%.

> Furthermore, there's probably another 30% who *want* to use Python 3 but
> cannot due to company policy. In my day job, I fall into that category: the
> company I work for use Python as their main language for our flagship
> application, and by policy we're stuck with using the default Python on
> Debian jessie, which is 2.6.

Jessie's default should be 2.7, at least. Wheezy shipped 2.7, too;
it's only Squeeze (now out of support) that didn't ship any 2.7.x
Python. Are you sure you can't at least upgrade to 2.7?

But yes, that's still not 3.x.

ChrisA