On 07/15/2015 08:11 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:
On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 1:01 PM, Larry Hudson via Python-list
<python-list@python.org> wrote:
On 07/15/2015 05:11 AM, Chris Angelico wrote:

[snip]

In addition to using print(), in some places I like using input() instead,
as in:
     input('x={}, y={} --> '.format(x, y))
Then the program stops at that point so you can study it.
To continue just press <Enter>, or Ctrl-C to abort.

That's a neat trick, as long as you actually do have a console. IIDPIO
is extremely general (works across languages, across frameworks (eg a
web server), etc), but these kinds of extensions are pretty handy when
they make sense.

ChrisA

Actually, that was an (unstated) point -- it's handy where it _can_ be used and makes sense, but it is certainly not a universal technique.

Also I didn't specifically point out the '-->' that I use at the end of the string as an input prompt. Obviously, optional as well.

     -=- Larry -=-