Am 18.07.2015 um 02:40 schrieb Denis McMahon:
On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 19:15:38 -0700, craig.sirna wrote:

The assignment wants us to take a users first, middle and last name in a
single input ( name=('enter your full name: )).

Then we must display the full name rearranged in Last, First Middle
order.

To generate a list of words from a string, split the string up on the
spaces between words. See the split method of strings.

Having a list of words, get a copy of the list in reverse order. See the
reversed function (and maybe the list function).

That won't really help, because the desired order is, with the example the OP used: Sirna Daniel Craig. So here indexing is necessary, but indexing of the list elements, not of the characters in the string.

(Necessary is too strong, because this could be done with rpartition. But I doubt that's the right answer for a beginner course.)