On 8/7/2015 9:10 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
On 8/7/2015 7:29 AM, tjohnson wrote:
On 8/6/2015 7:31 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
On 8/6/2015 11:35 AM, Timothy Johnson wrote:

problems because it works well for that. Most of the time I use PyDev
and Notepad++ to edit Python code, but if more features were added to
Idle I would consider using it more.

What 1 or 2 features would you most like to see?

Practically, I'd say a line number margin

Patch is mostly done but I need to review (sooner than later).

Great.
and right edge indicator.

Do you mean at column 80 or something?

Yes, exactly.
Theoretically, a tabbed editor

*Many* people want this.  I think this should be the highest priority
new big feature.

I agree.
 > and dockable interpreter pane.

Please explain.

Currently the interpreter is shown in a separate floating window. If it was dockable, it could also be placed in the same window as the text editor but separated by a splitter.

Examples: wxPython AUI panes, Firefox bookmarks pane