On 02/11/2015 00:08, Daniel Joffe wrote:
WinXP...32 bits...professional

I keep getting message

note also that there is no place on the install box to start...you just
click somewhere, and the install started.

I'm afraid you've been bitten by the fact that we no longer support Windows XP and haven't communicated this very well. We have a new version of the installer almost ready for release which indicates this much earlier (and more obviously). I'm afraid if you're on XP you're limited to Python 3.4 and earlier, all of which are perfectly usable I'm happy to say!

TJG