On 09/03/2016 12:02, BartC wrote:
On 09/03/2016 08:40, Mark Lawrence wrote:

Here's another: you have a program in Python that you'd quite like to
port to another dynamic language. Transcribing actual Python code is
straightforward. Until you come to an import of a module that you can't
find, because it's not written in Python. Now what? Now, you might
appreciate the advantage of a program in 100% pure Python.

That is not Python's problem, or my problem, that is your problem.

Not that it matters, when you release BartC or whatever you call your language it'll take over the world, so I'm looking forward to dropping Python. What is the release date? Could it be the same as that for Python 2.8 or RickedPython? Will the unicode handling be better than that of the dread Python 3.3+, PEP393 Flexible String Representation as repeatedly pointed out by the RUE? Performance wise will it be tested against real world benchmarks or microbechmarks? Better still, will it be bug free, such that I don't have to waste my time on the equivalent of bugs.python.org raising problems, which should have been foreseen by your one man crew?

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence