On 12/06/2016 20:25, Ned Batchelder wrote:
On Sunday, June 12, 2016 at 3:08:01 PM UTC-4, BartC wrote:
On 12/06/2016 00:44, Marcin Rak wrote:

from Test import some_function, my_print
from Test import test_var

some_function()
my_print()
print(test_var)

and I have the following Test.py:
test_var = 5

  from Test import a,b,c

is equivalent to:

  import Test

  a = Test.a
  b = Test.b
  c = Test.c

which I hadn't been aware of. Then the link between a and Test.a (eg.
Test.test_var) is broken (unless Test.a is something like a list so both
still refer to the same data. But assignment to either - not an in-place
mod - will break the connection).

Just to clarify: there is no link directly between a and Test.a, except that
both refer to the same object.

OK, but I meant the link there have been if 'a' was in fact a synonym for Test.a.

  Just as here there is no link between x
and y:

    x = 12
    y = x

(And that's a good illustration of why 'y' isn't a name reference to 'x', referring to the "...ducks limp" thread. But best not to rake it up again...)

--
bartc