On 06/19/2016 04:56 AM, Joonas Liik wrote:
On 18 June 2016 at 23:47, Ethan Furman wrote:
On 06/18/2016 07:05 AM, Joonas Liik wrote:

the leading dot does not resolve the ambiguity that arises from:

with ob_a:
      with ob_b:
          .attr_c = 42 # which object are we modifying right now?

The innermost one.  Why would it be anything else?

What if ob_b does not have attribute attr_c but ob_a does?

Good question. I would say that _only_ the innermost with object is searched, and if it doesn't have the requested attribute an AttributeError is raised. Otherwise, as you say, it could be a nightmare to maintain.

--
~Ethan~