mm0fmf <n...@invalid.com>:

> On 31/12/2016 09:58, Steve D'Aprano wrote:
>> On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 07:30 pm, mm0fmf wrote:
>>
>>> On 30/12/2016 17:50, einstein1...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> "I have a doubt" is not the correct way to ask this kind of question in
>>> English.
>>
>> But it is perfectly idiomatic Indian English,
>
> Hence the suggestion to use a less idiomatic expression.

I have said it before that every English-speaker in the world should be
taught the international dialect of English, ie, Hollywood English. I
can understand virtually every foreign accent of English in the world,
but I have exceeding difficulties with the British accents.

BTW, it's interesting that with Brexit, only Ireland is left to hold the
candle for English in the EU.

Marko