On 08/05/18 22:33, Chris Angelico wrote:
On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 7:15 AM, Mikhail V <mikhail...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 5:25 PM, Chris Angelico <ros...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 10:52 PM, Mikhail V <mikhail...@gmail.com> wrote:
Right? Your issues with tabs aside, I think it is impossible to ignore the
the readability improvement. Not even speaking of how
many commas and bracket you need to type in the first case.

That's incredibly subjective. Or else straight-up wrong, I'm not sure which.

Just admit it, you try to troll me (or just pretend, I don't know).

No, I am not trolling you.

Have you ever seen tables with commas left in there?

It's called CSV.

I've never seen in my whole life. And you should understand why.

Have you ever seen a website with sparse menu items or 'cloud' tags
with commas attached?
Have you ever heard someone claim that writing a 2d matrix down in a
single line is better that present it as a table?

So what you find _incredibly_ subjective here?

Neither of those examples is program code. You are asking for a
syntactic change to a *programming language*. Everything you've said
is fine for a non-code format. Nothing is applicable to a programming
language.

Why should this be a language feature? Why not just create a data file
and then load it, or use a triple quoted string and write your own
parser? What's the advantage of making this language syntax?

I am not sure what happens if I make another argument -
if it feels so easy for you to deny the obvious improvements (which
also supported by whole worlds' typography experience) then you can
just as easy deny pretty everything. How would we build any conversation
then?

Good question. You're clearly not interested in doing things the
existing (and easy) way, so there's no point debating this.
Fortunately for the rest of us, status quo wins a stalemate.

ChrisA

Please stop feeding the OP, to my knowledge he's never once come up with any sensible suggestion for Python.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence