I think you're getting a programming language mixed up with a bunch of random
libraries.

If you want to do any actual coding rather than scripting, such as implementing
some of that stuff, then this is where those basic language features that are
missing from core Python become useful.

What do you do in python when a local function variable needs to retain its
value? I'm sure it can do it, but I bet it's not as simple as how I do it.

Multi-level loop break? Separators in numbers? I think that one is finally in.

You can have all your libraries /and/ have fundamental language features at the
same time. They are not mutually exclusive.