(Sorry no idea how to do quoting on this mobile app I have to use.)

Those examples of using network features are merely examples of function calls.
This is what I'm talking about with basic language features.

Pointers are merely an extra level of indirection; they can be made to fit.

A few things might need language help, or help from its runtime. So that if I
wanted a pointer to the first byte of this programs image on windows, I'd have
to do:

P := makeref(0x40'0000, byte)

Which I then access as P^. The stuff you're talking about, imo, is at a
completely different level. Someone could take core Python and repackage it
with a completely different set of libraries. What happened to the network
stuff?