On 07/15/18 16:04, Chris Angelico wrote:

You claimed that Unicode was insignificant to many programs. I'm
trying to say that a Unicode text string is a vital part of any
program that works with text, which is pretty much anything that talks
to humans. You keep saying that ... well you keep saying different
things, and I've lost track of what your point actually is, but you
want a way to... disable Unicode? Or something? And you have yet to
give any example of a program that doesn't need Unicode, but still
uses text.

ChrisA

Why does this seem so obtuse to you?

Have you never heard of programming BEFORE Unicode existed?

How ever did we get along?  It must have been a hallucination...

-Jim