On 16/07/18 17:26, Larry Martell wrote:
On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 12:05 PM, Mark Lawrence <breamore...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 16/07/18 15:17, Dan Sommers wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 10:39:49 +0000, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

... people who think that if ISO-8859-7 was good enough for Jesus ...

It may have been good enough for his disciples, but Jesus spoke Aramaic.

Also, ISO-8859-7 doesn't cover ancient polytonic Greek; it only covers
modern monotonic Greek.

See also the Unicode Greek FAQ (https://www.unicode.org/faq/greek.html).

Out of curiosity where does my mum's Welsh come into the equation as I
believe that it is not recognised by the EU as a language?

Is she from Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch?

She was from a small mining village near Tredegar. The name was and is unprounoncable to an English speaking person hence Tredegar had to suffice.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence