On 27/09/2019 04:51, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 23:04:15 +0100, RobH <r...@despammer.com> declaimed the
following:

As I said, I have downloaded the circuitpython chalcd files from the
link using pip3 install, but after downloading I can't find any Adafruit
folders on my pi zero. Doing a search for adafruit does not show anything.

        Did you also install the adafruit-blinka library?

        On a Beaglebone Black (my R-Pi is in the depth of major apt-get
update/upgrade cycle -- it feels like it's updating 50% of the OS given how
long it's been running, and that's on a 3B+ quadcore compared to the slower
single core BBB) I find blinka in

debian@beaglebone:~$ sudo find / -iname "*blinka*"
/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/Adafruit_Blinka-2.5.0-py3.5.egg-info
/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/adafruit_blinka
debian@beaglebone:~$

        Note: I ran the installs using "sudo pip3 ..." to make things act
globally; if you ran without sudo the files might be in a hidden directory
of the "pi" account.

        Okay, an incomplete search of the R-Pi, stealing cycles from the
upgrade processing)

pi@raspberrypi:~$ sudo find / -iname "*adafruit*"
<SNIP>
/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/Adafruit_PureIO
/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/adafruit_blinka
/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/Adafruit_PlatformDetect-1.3.4.dist-info
/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/Adafruit_PureIO-0.2.3.dist-info
/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/Adafruit_Blinka-2.5.1.dist-info
/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/adafruit_platformdetect

Ok, the adafruit_character_lcd is in the same directory as yours, and so is Blinka and Purio. It seems to be a bit of a long path to type to get to the Adafruit_Charlcd directory, but is there a shortcut way of getting to the said directory.

Thanks