On 2019-10-28 18:27, DL Neil via Python-list wrote:
Dottore,

On 28/10/19 7:37 AM, Dott. Ugo Donini wrote:
I cannot use Python 3.8 on my PC with installed Python 3.7.
Is it possible to update the existing Python 3.7 without reinstalling Python
3.8.
Conflicts problems.
Thankyou
Ugo Donini
Inviato da Posta per Windows 10

If the question is about updating Python 3.7 'in place' (and not
upsetting any applications or systems programs which use Python), then
"yes, this is possible": you may be able to update r3.7.0 to r3.7.4, for
example (only the last digit changes). I see few compelling reasons to
do-so, but YMMV (you have your own reasons).

If the question is a desire to run both Python 3.7 AND Python 3.8 on the
same machine, then the PSL's (Python Standard Library) answer is "venv".
Which you will find described in the docs (documentation) at "12.
Virtual Environments and Packages".

For my own reasons, instead of Python virtual environments, I prefer to
separate different clients/projects by keeping them in their own
VirtualBox VM. Some dislike this particular solution as it lacks "open
source" principles. There are other "container" technologies worth
review. However, I suggest that this type of solution is the preserve of
the more advanced programmer/computer user.

WebRefs:
https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/venv.html
https://www.virtualbox.org/

If you're using Windows, you'd just install the different Python versions into different folders: Python37 for Python 3.7 and Python38 for Python 3.8. The installer doesn't that by default.