On 2019-10-28 19:42, Terry Reedy wrote:
On 10/28/2019 2:47 PM, MRAB wrote:

On 28/10/19 7:37 AM, Dott. Ugo Donini wrote:
I cannot use Python 3.8 on my PC with installed Python 3.7.
Is it possible to update the existing Python 3.7 without reinstalling

If you're using Windows, you'd just install the different Python versions into different folders: Python37 for Python 3.7 and Python38 for Python 3.8. The installer doesn't that by default.

Oops! Should've been "does that by default".

The installer puts them into separate directories by default.  The
default path depends on whether one installs for all users or just one.
Or one can select the path preceeding 'pythonxy'.  In any case, one can
use the 'py' launcher to chose which PSF installed python to run.