MRAB,

> One possibility is to refactor the code so that py_proc1 and py_proc2
> themselves just handle their arguments and then call the function that
> does the actual work.

The thing is that the arguments of py_proc1 and py_proc2 are the same, but
for a single argument.   Which means that letting both of them first parse
their own arguments means duplicated code.    Which I do not really want and
thus try to evade

But yes, that is a possibility too.  The "the function that does the actual
work" part is what I tried to describe with my second example.

> A clunkier way would be to make a new tuple that consists of the prepended
> item and the items of args and pass that to py_proc1 as its args.

That is what I tried to describe with my first example.

The thing is I have no clue about what the above calling should look like
(though I think I already found how to append my argument to the "args"
string-object).

In other words, do you have any idea of what either of those calling methods
should look like ?   An example perhaps ?   Having only encountered the
CPython API two days ago I'm still fumbling in the dark I'm afraid.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser