On 30/03/2020 2:55 pm, Michael Torrie wrote:
On 3/29/20 6:41 PM, Mike Dewhirst wrote:
I would first determine whether it is the 32 or 64 bit version which is
installed. I would then visit www.python.org and download the exact same
python executable installer. Don't know what msi is but it doesn't
matter. I think it just means microsoft installer.
I think you misread both Terry and the original poster.

Maybe so but the method I suggested should install Python in a way which Windows should be able to uninstall and clear out what was there previously. That is why I said "it doesn't matter".

I hope.

What Terry was trying to say is that there is no MSI installer available
for python, so you cannot use the Microsoft MSI command line tool
(msiexec), which was what the original poster was asking about.  Thus
you cannot use msiexec.exe to remove Python by way of a batch file or
script. He'll have to do it a different way.