On 03/07/2020 15:28, Jon Ribbens via Python-list wrote:
On 2020-07-03, Rhodri James <rho...@kynesim.co.uk> wrote:
On 02/07/2020 23:46, Random832 wrote:
On Thu, Jul 2, 2020, at 18:29, Michael Torrie wrote:
Come again?  I can see no other link in the verbage with the
"relics of white supremacy" that she referred to.  If there are
other links, they should be included in the commit message.  I
agree with Rhodri that an explanation would be interesting.  Far be
it from me to demand one.  So whatever.

It's possible that this wasn't explained clearly enough in the commit
message itself (though I would argue it was definitely adequately
explained in the ensuing on-list discussion, and wonder how much of
that discussion you've actually read), but the point is that the
*whole idea* of "standard English" is tied to white supremacy, not
any particular standard whether via its authors or otherwise.

As I said in my preamble, it doesn't matter whether you believe that is
true or think it's utter bollocks.  I asked the question to get the
Steering Council's opinion, not anyone else's.

You don't get to decide whose opinions are offered.

But I do get to decide whose opinions are solicited.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd