On 18/08/2020 20:05, Vincent Vande Vyvre wrote:

Hi,

Two solutions:
1. Install exiv2-dev and py3exiv2 with pip
     $ sudo apt-get install libexiv2-dev
     $ sudo pip3 install py3exiv2

2. Install my ppa
     $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:vincent-vandevyvre/vvv
     $ sudo apt-get update
     $ sudo apt-get install python3-exiv2

Don't change your old code for pyexiv2, the names of the modules are
unchanged, your old code should work as it.

Off course old strings are now unicode.

Vincent (AKA VinsS)

I haven't tried #2 (I use Arch), but I did try 1) in a python 3.8 virtual env.
I ended up getting into a problem with boost

   src/exiv2wrapper.hpp:34:10: fatal error: boost/python.hpp: No such file or
directory
       34 | #include "boost/python.hpp"
    compilation terminated.

so obviously I need to install some version of boost libs or  Boost.Python etc
etc. Gave up :(
-luddite-ly yrs-
Robin Becker