On 08/12/2020 12:15, Marco Sulla wrote:
On Tue, 8 Dec 2020 at 00:10, dn via Python-list <python-list@python.org> wrote:
The translation phase is most easily achieved with the built-in
str.translate()

I forgot it :-)

That's down to the rich-ness of the Python eco-system!

IIRC (from previous posts) the OP is teaching him-/her-self Python. Thus, learning one-step at a time, building complexity in-line with confidence, is the way (s)he's going. Accordingly, each answer, building on the previous shows the way forward (as well as, the process of re-factoring)!

BTW his/her learn-by-doing approach is also the reason why I didn't write a complete-code answer.

Interestingly (at least, to me), the earlier response was me taking a break from writing a short paper (nothing-much to do with Python). Herewith some overlap of ideas:-

The aphorism claiming "two heads are better than one" is also the basis for what business-groups commonly call "brain-storming" (or "spit-balling", if you're 'in' marketing). However, did you know that "brain-storming" (in-person) seldom reaches the aspiration of finding 'the best possible answer'?

Further, that if team-members work remotely, (first) 'attacking' a problem individually, and only after that, pooling their ideas to produce a plan; the chosen 'answer' will (likely) be much better!

Reasons: stated opinion of the "highest paid [wo]man in the room", dominant personalities, extrovert behavior, introvert behavior, I'd rather be sailing, ...

Thus: "Planning Poker" as a 'bottom-up', Agile, method for story/task (length) estimation!
--
Regards =dn