On 17/12/2020 03.57, Peter J. Holzer wrote:
On 2020-12-17 03:06:32 -0000, Bischoop wrote:
pasting from my IDE to vim/slrn was messing syntax,

You can

:set paste

in vim to prevent it from messing with pasted content (don't forget to
set nopaste afterwards).

What's the difference between that and
:set ai
and
:set noai

With newer vims that's rarely necessary though since they can distinguish
between input that was pasted and input that was typed.

I thought that I was going nuts when I encountered that. Any idea how to
defeat such a so-called 'feature"?

--
Michael F. Stemper
The name of the story is "A Sound of Thunder".