On Sat, 29 May 2021, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

        Except the copy of winpdb source I looked at has

RPDBTERM = 'RPDBTERM'

near the top.

        Then again, I don't know how up-to-date the OP's copy is -- I just
Googled for a repository with the module.

        Let me check a Linux environment (Debian 10 VM) (Great -- I attempted
to use the default password of a Beaglebone Black <G>)

I've removed winpdb here as recommended by Philippe Fremy. I don't use IDEs
other than emacs so I'll stick with pdb.

What I find interesting is that every web page I find on 'using pdb' does no
more than explain the available commands; they don't explain the debugging
process. That's like showing someone what the word processor menus do; it
doesn't teach the user how to be a writer.

I knew the debugging process with Fortran and C, but haven't learned how to
effectively use pdb to find bugs that don't issue a traceback or obvious
wrong answer such as my module displaying an empty window with no widgets.

Rich