Jon Ribbens via Python-list schreef op 3/08/2021 om 22:55:
>> Loads of git commands do this. e.g. commit, diff, log, status, etc.
>> It's not completely unlike what you're describing above, which is
>> already supported automatically by argparse.
>
> Commands like git commit do not use '--' to separate two lists, but as > Dan and Sven said to separate options from arguments,

That is not quite correct. Check out 'git diff' for example - it takes
as position arguments zero, one, or two commit hashes followed by zero
or more pathnames.  You can use '--' to separate these two lists,
because of course sometimes a pathname can be indistinguishable from
a commit hash.
Ah yes, I stand corrected, git diff indeed uses -- to separate two lists (commits and paths).

--
"Too often we hold fast to the cliches of our forebears. We subject all
facts to a prefabricated set of interpretations. Too often we enjoy the