On 28/02/2023 12.55, Rob Cliffe via Python-list wrote:

On 27/02/2023 21:04, Ethan Furman wrote:
On 2/27/23 12:20, rbowman wrote:

> "By using Black, you agree to cede control over minutiae of hand-
> formatting. In return, Black gives you speed, determinism, and freedom
> from pycodestyle nagging about formatting. You will save time and mental
> energy for more important matters."
>
> Somehow I don't think we would get along very well. I'm a little on the
> opinionated side myself.

I personally cannot stand Black.  It feels like every major choice it makes (and some minor ones) are exactly the opposite of the choice I make.

--
~Ethan~
I've never tried Black or any other code formatter, but I'm sure we wouldn't get on.

Does this suggest, that because Black doesn't respect other people's opinions and feelings, that it wouldn't meet the PSF's Code of Conduct?

--
Regards,
=dn