On 2023-11-06 08:57, Simon Connah via Python-list wrote:

I can see how the truley dim-witted might forget that other countries
have phone numbers with differing lengths and formatting/punctuation,
but there are tons of sites where it takes multiple tries when
entering even a bog-standard USA 10-0digit phone nubmer because they
are completely flummuxed by an area code in parens or hyphens in the
usual places (or lack of hyhpens in the usual places). This stuff
isn't that hard, people...

The thing I truly hate is when you have two telephone number fields. One for
landline and one for mobile. I mean who in hell has a landline these days? And
not accepting your mobile number in the landline number field is just when I
give up. Or having a landline only field that does not accept mobile phones.

I have a landline. It's also how I access the internet.