On 10/04/2024 19:50, WordWeaver Evangelist via Python-list wrote:

> I have a simple question. I use the following textPrompt in some of my Jython
> modules:
>  '\nYour choice is? (A B C D E): ', maxChars=1, autoAccept=False,
> forceUppercase=True)
> Is there a way to add an ANSI color code to the end

Normally, for any kind of fancy terminal work, I'd say use curses.
But I suspect Jython may not support curses?

On the offchance it does do curses it would look like:

import curses

def main(scr):
   if curses.has_colors():  # check the terminal supports color
      curses.start_color().  # init the color system
      curses.init_pair(1,curses.COLOR_YELLOW,curses.COLOR_BLUE)

      # Now start adding text coloring as desired...
      scr.addstr(0,0,"This string is yellow and blue",
                 curses.color_pair(1))

      scr.refresh().  # make it visible
   else: scr.addstr("Sorry, no colors available")

curses.wrapper(main)

HTH
--
Alan G