On 2024-06-08, Larry Martell via Python-list <python-list@python.org> wrote:

> The original question struck me as homework or an interview question for a
> junior position. But having no clear requirements or specifications is good
> training for the real world where that is often the case. When you question
> that, you are told to just do something, and then you’re told it’s not what
> is wanted. That frustrates people but it’s often part of the process.
> People need to see something to help them know what they really want.

Too true.  You can spend all sorts of time getting people to pin down
and sign off on the initial requirements, but it all goes right out
the window when they get the first prototype.

  "This isn't what we want, we want it to do <something else>."

  "It does what you specified."

  "But, this isn't what we want."

If you're on salary, it's all part of the job. If you're a contractor,
you either figure it in to the bid or charge for change orders.