On 15/06/24 10:00, AVI GROSS via Python-list wrote:
I notice that in some recent discussions, we have users who cannot be
replied to directly as their email addresses are not valid ones, and I
believe on purpose. Examples in the thread I was going to reply to are:

It's an interesting conundrum. There are good reasons and nefarious, for such behavior.

Some have questioned my behavior in similar regard - asking why I use initials (also used IRL). It is because my first name "David" is/was very popular. At a meeting this week there were three of us. Thus, "David", "Dave", and "dn" was necessary to distinguish between us.

These mailing-lists all run under the Python Code of Conduct.

This also effects a conundrum. Firstly, that someone abusing others (for example) shall be held responsible. Secondly, that in order to hold someone responsible, he/she/... must be identifiable.

Personal opinion: if someone is asked a question/clarification/sample-code, particularly as a response to their own OP, and does not answer; this is at the least rude, and thus disrespectful, or at worst grounds for not bothering with them again - hardly a 'community' attitude!

--
Regards,
=dn