AVI GROSS via Python-list schreef op 17/06/2024 om 17:03:
I simply am thinking that people who do not allow me to easily reply to them
directly, should be ignored by me and not get my cooperation that way.
FWIW, personally I (mostly) don't see the point of replying to people personally. To me a public mailing list is much like any public forum, where my expectation is that conversations happen in public. To me it always feels weird when I get a personal reply when I make a public post in a mailing list. I mostly ignore those, unless there's really something in it that's best kept out of the public. Sometimes people write long mails with wandering thoughts only loosely related to the topic at hand directly to me instead of to the whole list. My take is: if it's not on-topic enough for the list, it's not on-topic enough for me either. Not that it bothers me *that* much; I just ignore those. It's very well possible that's just me, and that other people have different expectations.

But I don't go hiding my email address, that's a whole different kettle.

--
"Let everything happen to you
Beauty and terror