On Friday 07 October 2005 04:21 pm, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2005-10-07, Terry Hancock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Well, there's your problem. He learned from engineers. Engineers
> > can't speak English.  I was instructed in my "Engineering Statics"
> > class that a three-dimensional structure connecting non-coplanar
> > points in space was called a "tetrahedragon".

[typo: the word "four" is missing above in the definition]

> Watch out for the fire-breathing kind.  They're especially
> dangerous since they have multiple faces, so there's no
> "behind" from which to sneak up upon them from... of... to.....

Well, yeah, although the correct pronunciation is apparently
"te-tra-HEE-dra-GON".

(Wishing I had figured out how to type IPA symbols so you could
fully appreciate that ;-) ).

It was very distracting, though, subvocalizing "tetrahedron" constantly
during this guy's lectures.  I suppose that might've contributed
to my poor grade in this class (I left engineering altogether very
shortly thereafter).