In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
"Fredrik Lundh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

|> a property looks like an attribute, not a method, so you're trying to call
whatever
|> your "joe()" method returns.

Well, yes, that was pretty obvious - but what was NOT obvious is why it
should do that for one of two identical methods.

|> (that's what "a function for getting an attribute value" in the property
documentation
|> refers to).

Well, as joe is an attribute of the class fred, and the decorator is applied
to the declaration of joe within fred, I assumed that it referred to getting
joe from fred.  That certainly doesn't appear to be the case, and I don't
see how it helps with my original request if not.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.