Hi all,

May I use this opportunity to promote Django Girls Manchester, and a few
more events?...

<https://djangogirls.org/manchester/>

*Django Girls Manchester*

For those of you who have been to PyCon UK 2015 in Coventry in September,
you may have heard of Django Girls. For those of you who don’t know, Django
Girls is a non-profit organisation, to promote women in programming by
offering a one-day free workshop to create a web site (blog) in Python and
Django.

As a previous attendee of Django Girls Coventry, I decided to bring this
wonderful workshop to Manchester to help women in the city and beyond. So I
teamed up with my wonderful friend Claire Dodd to organise Django Girls
Manchester. It will take place at Madlab Manchester, on the 13th February
2016 (and an installation party in the evening before). Our website
outlines the details of the workshop, how you could sponsor, volunteer to
be a coach or apply to attend. *Click here to find out more: Django Girls
Manchester <https://djangogirls.org/manchester/> and follow us on twitter:
@djangogirlsmcr <https://twitter.com/DjangoGirlsMcr>*

We need your help!!! There are a number of ways you could support us, and
please get in touch at manches...@djangogirls.org

1) Would you/your company like to sponsor Django Girls Manchester? Send us
an email! <manches...@djangogirls.org>

2) Would you be able to be one of our coaches? Information on how to be a
coach <https://djangogirls.org/manchester/#coach>

3) Would you be able to help spread the word to others to apply the
workshop as an attendee? Application now open
<https://djangogirls.org/manchester/#apply>

4) Would you like to deliver a short talk about how Django is used in
real-life context/projects that your are working on? Let us know!
<manches...@djangogirls.org>

*Other events you may be interested in*

Some of you may know that I organise a few events with my IET colleagues
regularly, and there are two free events I thought you might be interested
in:

*IET Christmas lecture – Engineered in your Imagination*

The Great Hall, Sackville Street Building, The University of Manchester
02/12/2015 6pm

Professor Danielle George who presented the Royal Institution 2014
Christmas Lecture on BB4, will show you how to use modern tools and
technologies and things from around your home to have fun and make a
difference to the world around you.

For more information: http://www.theiet.org/events/local/226811.cfm

*IET NASA Space Shuttle Highlight Program*

Manchester Conference Centre 10/12/2015 6pm

Our speaker, Dr Ravi Margasahayam, from NASA Kennedy Space Center, Florida
USA, will be in Manchester as part of his UK tour. The event will focus on
noteworthy technology innovations in the design and construction of Space
Shuttles. Interspersed in the talk will be unique videos, anecdotes from
engineers and scientists who worked on the NASA Space Shuttle Program.

For more information: http://www.theiet.org/events/local/228030.cfm

Thank you so much and see you all soon!

Kind Regards,

Leona