I didn't know aiotest even existed. I've also never used tox. I've
always just run asyncio's own unittests using runtests.py. Maybe, once
aiotest is fixed, we should update the Travis CI setup to run tox with
aiotest? Currently it just runs runtests.py.

The policy for new asyncio releases has been to match these up with
CPython releases. We used to sync these with 3.4 releases (the last is
3.4.3) but now 3.4 is no longer receiving updates maybe we should do
one to match 3.5.1? It should contain exactly the same code as was
released with 3.5.1 (not the current repo head).

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)